Thursday, March 20, 2014

What Short Story Am I Telling?

If we enter the world of our screenplay with our fixed goals in mind we may miss amazing miracles that often happen during the intuitive writing process.  Yes, it's good to have an outline but if we are so married to what we think the movie should be we could be setting ourselves up for failure.  There are many factors at work when we undertake the journey with our characters in their universe.  Remember, it is their world after all.  If I want one of my characters to turn left when they want to turn right, I have altered their true course.  When I trust the characters to take me on a journey where they are in control, I just may have a masterpiece in the creation.
click above to enter
If the story you're telling, is the story you're telling, you're in deep shit!

--Robert McKee

No comments:

Post a Comment